Salam. Happy Holiday to everyone!
My baby Iman will turn one year old in another 14 days. It means, I have successfully breastfeed her for one solid year. Alhamdulillah! Syukur kepada Allah S.W.T.!
I started to read about the advantages of breastfeeding when I'm pregnant with Muhammad four years ago. I must admit, I didn't have enough information and not well prepared though I hope I can breastfeed him.
I had emergency caesarian operation when I delivered Muhammad. I did mention to the nurse that I want to breastfeed him. However, the nurse asked me to rest and told me that they will take care of Muhammad. As my mom and my hubby were worried about me too, they also encouraged me to rest and not to think about my breastfeeding intention. As a result, he started to drink formula milk,
My milk came out on the third day. It's the colostrum. White yellowish color. I pumped it out and gave to Muhammad. Alhamdulillah! At least he had consume it. I struggled to breastfeed him too but it's the pain that killing me. I told myself, it's ok. I managed to breastfeed him for three months (mostly supplemented with formula milk too).
So I decided if Allah S.W.T. blessed me with another child, I'll make sure my breastfeeding journey succeed. After Muhammad turned 4, I was surprised when the doctor confirmed that I'm pregnant again. So this time I really make preparation and equip myself with more knowledge.
I came across susuibu.com since 2005. I was only a silent reader then became a member early this year. From there, I get more knowledge and know a lot of websites that deliver a lot of information regarding breastfeeding. Another website, momslittleones.com also contain a lot of reading for the breastfeeding moms.
Then I realized, we need knowledge in order to successfully breasfeed our child. Mental and physical preparation are important too. The most interesting part is my selection of breastpump. I had Avent Isis set since I had Muhammad. It's very helpful but I need an electric pump too.
Funny though! I'm busy with my preparation of breastfeeding rather than the common preparation. Luckily we can recycle Muhammad's belongings for baby Iman.
I delivered baby Iman on Monday (Muhammad born on Monday too). This time I went to a different hospital for my second delivery. Again, I told the nurse I want to breastfeed my baby. Surprisingly, they were very supportive. Though I had another caesarian, my intention was bigger than my pain. The nurse told me that they will give formula milk as her first feeding and will bring her to breastfeed for the second feeding.
As promised, the nurse brought her to my room to breastfeed. I felt comfortable and warmth. Baby Iman was breastfeeding naturally. She's so cute! Alhamdulillah! After that, the nurse will bring baby Iman to my room every time she's hungry. Seriously, I felt so satisfied with the nurses there. They even told me, "I think you have enough milk for the baby. She doesn't need formula milk anymore".
My breastfeeding journey begins here...
My baby Iman will turn one year old in another 14 days. It means, I have successfully breastfeed her for one solid year. Alhamdulillah! Syukur kepada Allah S.W.T.!
I started to read about the advantages of breastfeeding when I'm pregnant with Muhammad four years ago. I must admit, I didn't have enough information and not well prepared though I hope I can breastfeed him.
I had emergency caesarian operation when I delivered Muhammad. I did mention to the nurse that I want to breastfeed him. However, the nurse asked me to rest and told me that they will take care of Muhammad. As my mom and my hubby were worried about me too, they also encouraged me to rest and not to think about my breastfeeding intention. As a result, he started to drink formula milk,
My milk came out on the third day. It's the colostrum. White yellowish color. I pumped it out and gave to Muhammad. Alhamdulillah! At least he had consume it. I struggled to breastfeed him too but it's the pain that killing me. I told myself, it's ok. I managed to breastfeed him for three months (mostly supplemented with formula milk too).
So I decided if Allah S.W.T. blessed me with another child, I'll make sure my breastfeeding journey succeed. After Muhammad turned 4, I was surprised when the doctor confirmed that I'm pregnant again. So this time I really make preparation and equip myself with more knowledge.
I came across susuibu.com since 2005. I was only a silent reader then became a member early this year. From there, I get more knowledge and know a lot of websites that deliver a lot of information regarding breastfeeding. Another website, momslittleones.com also contain a lot of reading for the breastfeeding moms.
Then I realized, we need knowledge in order to successfully breasfeed our child. Mental and physical preparation are important too. The most interesting part is my selection of breastpump. I had Avent Isis set since I had Muhammad. It's very helpful but I need an electric pump too.
Funny though! I'm busy with my preparation of breastfeeding rather than the common preparation. Luckily we can recycle Muhammad's belongings for baby Iman.
I delivered baby Iman on Monday (Muhammad born on Monday too). This time I went to a different hospital for my second delivery. Again, I told the nurse I want to breastfeed my baby. Surprisingly, they were very supportive. Though I had another caesarian, my intention was bigger than my pain. The nurse told me that they will give formula milk as her first feeding and will bring her to breastfeed for the second feeding.
As promised, the nurse brought her to my room to breastfeed. I felt comfortable and warmth. Baby Iman was breastfeeding naturally. She's so cute! Alhamdulillah! After that, the nurse will bring baby Iman to my room every time she's hungry. Seriously, I felt so satisfied with the nurses there. They even told me, "I think you have enough milk for the baby. She doesn't need formula milk anymore".
My breastfeeding journey begins here...

No comments:
Post a Comment