Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Lesson for Today

Assalamualaikum.

It's raining season in Kuching lately. My mid term exam for Image Processing is scheduled on this Saturday. Preparation, reading, bla bla bla...

My dad was admitted at NMC last Saturday. I was driving home from Unimas when my mom called to inform me the news. Mr. AJ drove me there after solat Maghrib and he was in the ICU with my sister, EE and my mom. Again... it's the heart problem. My dad had a poor diet as he travelled frequently. The first time he collapsed was ten or eleven years ago. I still remember... I slept in the ICU with my brother, Andy. A few years after that, he collapsed again in KL. I was attending an international workshop in Taipei, Taiwan when I kept receiving his missed calls. Eventually, my flight back to Malaysia was on the same day with my family's flight back to Kuching. So here we go again. I took turn with Mr. AJ, my brother and my sister to take care of him at the ICU. I even bring my notes and textbook to study at the ICU. Pity my lil' ones. They kept on asking their Atuk as I told them Atuk was sick at the hospital.

Last two nights, I heard a baby cry as I walked out from the ICU. My heart was full with sorrow and pain when I was informed the newborn baby was born with a very weak body. He's been there for several days. It might be due to his heart. Ya Allah! Aku doakan agar anak kecil ini selamat dan sihat.

Yesterday, I accompanied my dad to do his echo test. It's a physical test to check his current heart rate and the impact of stress on his heart rate. While waiting for him, again... I heard a baby cry and this was a different baby as he might be two months old. Tears filled my eyes as the nurse informed me the baby has a weak heart and need to do the echo test frequently. Ya Allah! Aku doakan agar anak kecil ini selamat dan sihat.

I told my dad, "Dad, you need to take care of your health and please practise a healthy diet." He just gave me a sweet smile (a naughty smile I guess).

The lesson for today is... Eat healthily, do physical exercise, sleep well, perform your prayers, do your obligations and enjoy your life! Life is too short. We'll never know what will happen in future. See you all in my next entry!

3 comments:

Maksue said...

Hi Intan,
akak doakan ur dad cepat sembuh

Cik Specky said...

how's ur dad's condition now, intan? hope he will get well soon ye.. and u as well, my fren, take a gud care of urself too k :)

MRS. AJ said...

Hi MakSue! Terima kasih. Insya Allah!

Fidah, my dad is taking warfarin at the moment. Now I'm planning a proper diet for him as warfarin is a very powerful medication. Thank u for your concern dear. ~hugs~